Base10Blog
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
 
Gadget Talk
Base10 indicated yesterday that he would be getting a new computer and indeed he did. Base10 bought a 1.8 Ghz Mac-mini with a 120 gig HD and 1 G of ram. Cool. And it runs Knoppix linux right from the CD drive. I did try to wipe the hard drive and do a hard disk install of linux, but I couldn't get it to boot from the hard drive. Right now, I'm putting OS X back on the system until I can figure it out. I hate the idea of buying a licensed copy of Win XP for it, but you supposedly need one to do a Windows install. I'm still trying to figure out the system that I ultimately want.

On other gadget fronts, Base10 also upgraded his PDA phone to a Verizon xv6700. Very neat and it seems to have an even faster EVDO speed than the prior version the xv6600. I'm still exploring this device as well.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger