Base10Blog
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
 
I'm Back!
Base10 is here again. The semester is almost over, only finals remain. Unfortunately, while giving finals is easy, taking them is not. And Base10 has a finance exam on Friday. So is he hitting the books? No. There's no better time to get in a few hours of blogging in lieu of studying. What's more practical than that?

Anyway, I'm not all that worried about the finance final. The professor is letting us take any formulae we want in with us, so you really have to just understand the concepts. Admittedly, I need some practice in binomial trees, but that's not that hard.

After Friday, Base10 also has to write a final paper for his course in European Economic History. I'm not really worried about this one--too much. It involves a lot of reading, but I'm doing well in the class. I have to admit that I didn't think I would like this course, but it has turned out to be pretty interesting. I would have looked into this field had I taken this course earlier.

In any event, life's been busy, hence the sparse blogging. Base10 is actually looking forward to next semester. He'll be teaching four courses but is not too worried bout it. I'm teaching infosec management as usual, but I'm also teaching a "security technology" course which is new ground, as well as intro to security, which is the 101 course in the field. That course should be okay, but it's an internet course and I've discovered that that is just a lot of work. Finally, I'm teaching a principles of economics course. The good: it's the first time I will be teaching economics--cetainly a good thing. The bad: it's a Saturday morning course. I can deal, but Saturday morning?

To top everything off, I've got to take at least one of my comps in January. And I also have ambitions of taking the CPP exam as well, but that's another story...

Anyway, there's plenty going on right now. Let's take a look.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger