Base10Blog
Friday, June 02, 2006
 
Cycling News

Base10 got back on the bike today, but was quickly sidelined with a mechanical. I usually carry tools, including CO2 pump and a flat kit. Anyway, I noticed my front tire was low and I went into a local gas station to fill it. No problem, yet. I go for another lap around Juniper Park and bam, I get a front flat. Oh well, these things happen. I walk back to the gas station for air. (You see, I was out of CO2). I get to the station, clear the tire, find the leak in the tub and get ready to patch it. Unfortunately, I have no more rubber cement (whatever was left was fry in the tube). Just great. So I trek on down to the local bike shop and pick up a new tube. Unfortunately, at this point my enthusiasm was waning and I opted for beer and Maria Sharapova in the French Open (she won), instead. Bottom line: About 8 miles on the bike and another on foot. More tomorrow.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger