Base10Blog
Monday, May 08, 2006
 
Retirement
Retirement is settling in, but Base10 is still getting used to it. Pluses: not having to get up and go to work in the morning. And much less snacking like I would do at work. Minuses: not having to get up and go to work in the morning. And daytime television. The jury is still out.

I want to write something about my time with the Department. (Notice I did not use the NYPD Blue popularized phrase, On the Job). Not a memoir, really. More a reflection on twenty years there and my impressions of New York's history during that time. Just a thought, but it is not something I can really dash off. Maybe after finals.

What about Base10's secret identity? Well, Base10 isn't off the books, as it were, until the end of June and doesn't preclude the possibility of going back if his job prospects fall through. Base10 is unwilling to burn bridges until then, and possibly not until he gets a firm offer about his new job. But this will be soon.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger