Base10Blog
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
 
The Cycle

Base10 just got done with a bike ride--the first one he's taken in quite a while. It was pretty good. Ten laps around Juniper Park and tooling around Queens for a bit. All in all, about 20 miles. Base10 certainly wasn't trying to break any land speed records, either. It was just an attempt to reintroduce my butt to the saddle.
"Butt, I'd like you to meet Saddle."
"Pleased to meet you. I'm sure we'll get to be very close."
"We certainly will, Butt. But in the beginning, you'll be really sore at me. It won't last, though."
"Saddle, I could never be sore at you for long."
Okay, maybe I'm taking the talking butt part a bit too far...

The ride was fun though. And I'm wearing tights. I have shorts over them, of course. I do have to maintain my dignity.

I may even upgrade if I do a substantial amount of cycling over the summer. Maybe a nice titanium frame. Today, Juniper. Tomorrow, Rockaway!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger