Base10Blog
Thursday, April 06, 2006
 
Lens Choice

Base10 did indeed buy the 35mm lens. Ultimately, price won out over quality. Well, if you look at it that way, quality won, too. I bought the Cosina/Voigtlander f1.7 Ultron. It was a demo for $299 in Adorama. How can you pass that up? It is a good quality lens. Anyway, I'll save the Summicron for another day (probably the day a buy a Leica camera thereby causing a divorce from Mrs. Base10). Besides, I would be very hesitant to take out a Leica body and/or lens in the rain or other foul weather. I would have no problem grabbing a Bessa and a $300 Ultron and taking it out in any weather or throwing it in my bag.

I haven't been able to use it much yet, but some test shots around the house show it to be pretty good. I'll be shooting with this on this week's project.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger