Base10Blog
Friday, February 17, 2006
 
Homeward Bound

Base10 is on his way home from work as he writes this. It looks like we made it through another week! What's good for the weekend? Looks like sports, sports and more sports. And photography. Base10 would like to get out tomorrow and take some pictures. He even bought some processing chemicals! Now all he has to do is dig up his reels and tanks and he is set. I figure I'll mix the chemicals tomorrow morning and soup some rolls on Sunday. Base10 is looking forward to it, but I still need to find some equipment.

Anyway, I bought some D-76 and Kodak fixer and stop bath. While this is not exactly what you would call daring in the chemistry department, it does have the virtue of simplicity and familiarity. Remember, this is a learning experience. You don't want to develop that money shot on you first try with the chemicals. Let's start with baby steps.

Anyway, I have a half-liter tank that holds two reels of 35mm or one reel of 120. I have a few rolls of Ilford HP5 that I'd like to try. I think I'll try the first batch at the normal exposure of 400 and the second batch pushed to 800. I could even do four rolls if I use a 1:1 dilution. We'll see how this works out, especially if Mrs. Base10 freaks out over the chemicals.

Anyway, there's still sports. No hockey, of course, unless you count the Olympics where the US has so far made little headway. Saturday promises all-day Olympic coverage and Sunday brings the Daytona 500. All good stuff. In other sports, baseball begins its exhibition season in a few short weeks as well as the first so-called World Baseball Classic.

In Mets news, Pedro Martinez apparently got his new specially made cleats so he will be ready to pitch.

In Jets news, several media sources are reporting that Chad Pennington will be asked to restructure his deal. If he does not, he may be cut. While this would put the Jets in a big hole cap-wise, it may be better to take your medicine early rather than later. Don't get me wrong, I like young Chadwick and I'd love to see him back in his old form, but he's got to prove he can do it. The team stuck by him through some injuries, he should be willing to restructure. If he doesn't, well we've got a new coach and a new GM, why not a new QB, too?

Base10 hasn't been posting too much politics of late. It isn't as if he's not thinking of it, so there will be biting political analysis in this space tomorrow. Or the usual crap.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger