Base10Blog
Thursday, December 29, 2005
 
Photo of the Day

stjameschurch, originally uploaded by base10blog.

This is St. James Church in Elmhurst, Queens. It used to be in a very dilapidated state until recently when some Landmarks Preservation money went into fixing it up. St. James is one of the oldest churches in Queens dating back to 1734. There is a little information about it and it's neighbor the Reform Church of Newtown here.

This was a tough photo. It was very flat. When I tried to bring out the clouds, the church was too dark. If I brought out the building, the clouds washed out completely. This was the best I could do. This image was taken with the Yashicamat using, I think, T-Max and scanned using the Epson 4990. I didn't get a chance to spot it, so there may be some scratches. Enjoy.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger