Base10Blog
Saturday, December 03, 2005
 
Narnia
With the upcoming premiere of the film The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Base10 went to the Strand to pick up a copy of the Narnia Chronicles. It has been a long time since I read them, so I figured I'd read the books again before seeing the movie. Curiously, the Strand didn't have it.

I always like the Narnia series. The first books are clearly children's stories, but the later books are allegorical with broad themes about individuality, morality and faith. I look forward to the premiere of the film.

What does surprise me is the level of debate that the movie has set off. The books clearly have Christian themes, but apparently that is not welcome in films today. Click here and here for some examples.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger