Base10Blog
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
 
Happy Tuesday!

Base10 got some of his film back and must say that the Mamiya looks pretty impressive. The negatives are not quite as large as the 6x9, but they're still plenty big. Base10 has to admit that the autofocus on the Canon really spoils you for anything else. The split-screen rangfinder with the Mamiya is probably more accurate, but like I said, it's really easy to get used to AF. I had some C-41 rolls done too, but they won't be ready until tonight.

In other good photography news, I think I've learned to use my other lens with the Speed Graphic. The main lens for this camera is a Schneider 135mm which is slightly telephoto for this film format. But I also have a 65mm lens that fits it, but that's kind of the extreme wide angle limit for this particular camera. There were two sets of infinity stops, but the second set didn't work with wide lens. I did notice two marks on the focusing bed, so for the heck of it, I set the wide lens at this point and the camera seems to focus with the rangefinder. I can't wait to use it.

I have to say the finest negative I get seem to be with the Speed Graphic using Ilford film. This is funny, given all the high-end equipment Base10 has been purchasing recently. I think I have to stop fixating on the equipment so much. Sure, buy a couple of lenses, but don't forget that Ansel Adams and Edward Weston didn't use top-of-the-line equipment when they were making some of their most beautiful images.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger