Base10Blog
Thursday, October 20, 2005
 
The New Lab

I got more film from the Ben Ness lab I mentioned earlier. The contacts were fine. Once again, missed exposures and black-bear-in-a-cave shots are entirely my fault. I got one roll of 6x6 from the Yashica done and two rolls from the Speed Graphic. These were the comparison shots, so I'll be posting them soon. I did notice something with the SG. There was considerable flare on some shots, but not others. I think this may be due to keeping the darkslide out too long, or maybe failing to use a lens hood. I was also having trouble with the Graflock back and I think once or twice the film back wasn't attached properly. I think I'm going to run a controlled roll through the camera to check that for light leaks. There were several good shots, though, so I'm not too concerned just yet.

Anyway, about the lab, they were true to their word. The film and contacts were ready by 6PM and they stay open until 8PM so I can pick them up after work. I haven't really examined the negatives just yet, but if the contacts are any indication, they'll be just fine.

Looks like I have a lot of scanning to do.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger