Base10Blog
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
 
Film Results

Base10 used a new lab for some B&W processing. They seemed pretty good, although they were not cheap ($16 for developing and a contact sheet per roll of 120). I do have to say that they did quality work. The film was cut, but into sleeves and the contact was nicely done. It's called 68 Degrees and it's on Canal and Broadway. Base10 wants to try a couple of other labs, too. Ben Ness in the Village is a little cheaper and has faster turn-around times. (They're website says in by 12 out by 6). There's also another lab in the West Village called M&V Labs that specializes in B&W. They're very intriguing in that they offer several workshops throughout the year. Base10 might even attend one of these soon with Mrs. Base10--he could use a refresher course in processing.

Unfortunately, Base10's talents leave something to be desired. I dropped off three rolls of 120 that I shot through the Yashicamat. Some of them look interesting, but I have to say that on the whole, I was disappointed. I'm going to try to do some scans tonight to see what I can salvage. I guess you have to do experimentation to find a creative style that suits you. Back to the drawing board!

At least there's no rush to go buy obscenely expensive medium format gear now. Mrs. Base10 will be pleased. I still might buy some not-so-obscenely-expensive large format camera gear, though.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger