Base10Blog
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
 
Base10's Retirement

On days like today, Base10 can't help but think of retirement. It is perhaps the nicest day of the year. That is of course if you like beautiful sunshiny days that are not oppressively hot. But I'm in that group, so I think today is fine. In any event, instead of enjoying the day, I am on the subway heading to work. I increasingly ask myself why?

Base10 became elligible to retire on August 15. I could, if I choose to, walk away on any given day. This concept is somewhat liberating in the workplace.

But what will Base10 do? Perhaps open up a storefront yoga studio. I jest, but why not? Right now I'm leaning toward academic pursuits: take a year and finish the PhD. This would give me the opportuinity to do some teaching, some writing and some photography without dropping out of the workforce entirely.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger