Base10Blog
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
 
Tuesday Photoblogging in the Park


Base10 walked through City Hall Park last night and took these images. Although I prefer black and white, I wanted to see how the color on the Concord point-and-shoot looked. This image used the default settings and fill flash. The color is, at best, lifeless.



Then a very interesting thing happened. Base10 decided to try making the image using ambient light. It was still light out, but getting on toward dusk. Look at what turning off the flash did! While I admit the image of the blue plants is intriguing, it is not accurate At first I thought I had the lighting balance set to something wrong like florescent, but that was not the case. Why did the Concord render the image this way? Beats me.



Here's a closeup of the blue flowers. The Concord's focal range is pretty good.



Here are some accurately rendered flowers taken with Mrs. Base10 last week. I don't recall what the flash settings were, but notice that the colors are again pretty flat.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger