Base10Blog
Wednesday, February 09, 2005
 
@$ (See if you can figure that out)

James Lileks has some interesting comments about recent media criticism of the Fox show "24." Base10 has never been a bid fan but has caught a few episodes and, well it's okay if you like that sort of thing. Lileks doesn't like the show for this reason:
I stopped watching 24 after one episode, because everyone at the CIA had Macs with Cinema Display monitors, and worked in an impossibly cool and underlit room. It also featured lots of Serious Typing, the means by which any hacker can get any piece of information. I understand its pretty good for network TV, Gripping and Fast-Paced, etc., but its all I can do to keep up with Carnivale.
I would like to point out that I think the "serious typing" thing originated in "Clear and Present Danger," but I digress. Anyway, Lileks takes issue with an article that condemns "24" for stereotyping an Islamic family that is involved in terrorism. No! Really! God (or Allah), when will it end?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger