Base10Blog
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
 
An Even Gayer Lincoln

In light of the previous post, in spite of my technical objections about the Gay Lincoln book, the more I think about it, the idea of a gay Abe Lincoln is pretty funny. I don't mean a discreet in-the-closet-and-staying-there kind of gay. I mean like Will and Grace flamboyant-lisping-overkill gay. Can you imagine Lincoln in the Oval Office discussing the war and hitting on U.S. Grant? General, forget the Confederacy for a moment, has anyone ever told you that you have beautiful eyes? Come on, the comedic possibilities are endless! Better yet, how about Lincoln in drag? Now that's funny! Picture Sam Waterston wearing a sundress and belting out a Liza Minelli tune. I wonder if this topic will make it to SNL this weekend? Or is it too sensitive a topic?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger