Base10Blog
Wednesday, June 16, 2004
 
You Are Not Going Blind!
Base10 just took a training course in advanced HTML and must say that it was pretty cool! The best part of the course was the section on cascading style sheets (or CSS). You know, the completely incomprehensible part of your blog's template. As a consequence, I've been fiddling with some of the colors and fonts. One of Mrs. Base10's complaints is that the font for links (the <a> tag) does not render well on her Mac browser. I strengthened it a bit and I am playing around with a few other changes. Other complaints by Mrs. Base10 regarding vacation, jewelry or lack of attention will simply have to wait.

I always thought the date header was a little week, so I'm changing that too. My other complaints are of course too trivial to worry about.

One of the other great aspects of the course was that I finally understand how those bizarre web color codes work (i.e. the 00FFCC's). It's really very simple. The first two digits represent red, the second two represent green and the last two are blue. (R-G-B like the old monitors). They are hex numbers. "00" represents the complete absence of that color, to "FF" which represents the most. Using these three values you can make any other color. Simple. Of course. Anyone can do it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger