Base10Blog
Monday, March 15, 2004
 
Yet Another Review of Teddy's
I haven't posted in a while and I made a resolution to post more regularly. Sunday's gastronomic adventure was to Teddy's in Williamsburg. (Click here for the Citysearch review and directions). Mrs. Base10 and I had an adventure riding our bicycles there Sunday morning and decided to have brunch there. At first I was a little put off since they said it was a half-hour wait. This would normally make me go somewhere else, but since we came specifically to go to Teddy's, we stayed.

There is after all a reason a restaurant can keep people waiting like this. Simply put, the food is outstanding and is very reasonably priced. Mrs. Base10 had a chorizo omelet with a ton of challah toast that was delicious and I had a french toast sandwich (sort of a ham and cheese Monte Cristo sandwich but who wants to play semantics). Both these dishes were under $7. We've eaten here before and were similarly surprised by the quality of the food. Other items on the menu were similarly priced. But don't just go for the food. I'm not a big bloody mary drinker, but Mrs. Base10 had one that was delicious and had a heck of a kick. I had a mimosa but felt a little disapointed after seeing hers.

Aside from the food, the atmosphere at Teddy's is wonderful. It is a turn-of-the-century tap room with tin ceilings, brass facade and a wonderful ancient old bar. We ate in a very cozy back room that was busy but not over crowded.

I know Teddy's is very popular and has been reviewed many times before, it is well worth a special trip.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger