Base10Blog
Tuesday, February 24, 2004
 
Restaurant Review
On Sunday Mrs. Base10 and I took a walk to Sunnyside and tried some Korean barbecue. Now we are quite the chowhounds, and I think I have tried nearly every Asian cuisine available, but for some reason have never tried Korean food, so we were really looking forward to trying something new. The restaurant was Shin Chon Kalbi, at 43rd Street and Queens Boulevard. We tried Jab Chae, which was a dish with beef scallions and glass noodles. Very tasty! The next was Bul Go Gi, a marinated sliced beef dish. Again, outstanding!. The food was good but I also liked the side dishes. Apparently traditional food is served with numerous small side dishes which were also quite delicious like kimchee (not too spicy), tofu, dried calamari, and pickled radish (nice to clear the palate). I can't say the place was inexpensive--$40 for two of us without drinks--but it wasn't a bank account buster either. I recommend it.

Comments? mail to
Base10Blog@yahoo.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger